Wednesday, February 2

One free thing led to another.

Since I moved to Nashville I've been trying to attend as many films as possible offered through the Vanderbilt-Belcourt Theatre partnership called Faculty-Led Interactive Cinematic eXplorations (FLICX). The screenings are free for students who pre-register (and agree to stick around for the post-film discussion) and yes, it's about as nerdy as it sounds. But I love movies, independent theaters (especially those so conveniently located), and most of all free admission, so this program was basically designed for me.

Because I've attended so many of these (okay, not a lot, but a solid handful), the program director offered me a free ticket to a Sundance preview featuring an appearance by the director. What's that? And there will be free popcorn? Yes please.

Christopher Munch was on hand to introduce his new film, Letters from the Big Man, which is about a human-Sasquatch friendship in the Pacific Northwest. Aside from a few unfortunate intrusions of plot, the film was evocative and character-driven and not as cheesy as it sounds. Mostly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment