Tuesday, October 26

Old friends and fire

So, when Sharon was back in Philadelphia (which was amazing) we found out that a few of our old co-workers from Haiti were going to be in town for a training. So, we borrowed D&C's car and made our way down to South Philadelphia and hung out at the airport waiting for our old work pals and after only a few minutes they emerged, and here they are:



That's Meleck the office administrator, Margot (not sure what her current position is), Nahomie an environmental educator and Frantzo an environmental educator. Me, of course, arborist intern and Sharon, graduate student at Vanderbilt. A fine looking bunch.

On to somewhat exciting and scary events, take a look at what happened a few blocks over from the house last night.



What?!!! Ya I know, crazy fire......I couldn't stop taking photos:

And with my new found camera skills, I just kept taking more and more:

and then I got worried it may go out before I take the perfect photo, so I took more:



and then I realized that thing is not going out soon, so I then leisurely sat around on the roof looking for amazing fire photos:


and then I got the perfect photo:



Well, maybe not, but it was a good ending to the story 'eh?

1 comment:

  1. You have a better record on good pictures than I had today. I shot 550 pictures and they all kind of suck.

    ReplyDelete