Friday, October 1

I was just riding along and...

I saw this:

Which may not seem so bad, but there is a creek which is normally 10 feet away and down a five foot bank...hmmmmmm, ride on, bikes are great because no one is ever there to stop you from dangerous situations like when you are in a car.....so:

The trail gets totally covered with water, I mean really!, look at that, no trail!, just water and really wet grass....scary...and no cops...

This raging river is normally pleasant enough that people go swimming in it in the summer when they are hot, not now, this is crazy river time! all sort of stuff floating down the creek, trees, trash, everything.....then just when you thought it couldn't get any worse:

A fire...I know, what?! And like 12 trucks were there and everyone was watching one guy spray this thing down....woohoo tax dollars! Then all hell broke loose and...

A tree fell down across the path, but I'm used to that, so no big deal, then back on macadam, where all is right with the world and....



that's all jacked up too! Man, what a morning, so this is about 50 feet from the entrance, sigh, so I go back around, up a big hill in a private side gate and through the arboretum, then back down where I need to traverse 30 or so feet of 18" high water, Alphonse is a real trooper, so I sent him in head first and we got through it okay. Pretty exciting, love riding my bike, always an adventure.

Can a more exciting commute happen? Bring it winter! I did miss out on taking a photo of a car that tried to drive through that last flooded road, stuck and washed across the road. Amazing. Snow. Ice. I'm ready.

I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God you have an iphone to document the whole thing otherwise no-one would believe you! Ben joined your ranks today - he finally hacked his iphone and uses it like a konka. :)

    ReplyDelete