Sunday, October 17

Developing an eye.

So I've been taking advantage of free classes at the Arboretum, and right now I'm in the midst of a 6-session photo class. It's meant for beginners who have digital cameras who want to take a little more control over the photos they take and stop relying on the automatic settings.

I finally feel like I'm getting an eye for how to look at something and know the steps to take to get the photo of it to where I want it to be. It took a while, honestly. Yesterday we had an opportunity to walk around with the instructor and take photos at the arb, and it was nice to have time devoted to taking photos.

Anyhow, here are some of my (beginner) shots. None were taken with the auto setting, and despite a few people telling me where the "good shot" was I did my own thing and took my own photos. So, here are some that are interesting to me. Enjoy.






All of these were taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3




2 comments:

  1. you are totally right, the "good shot" is usually not worth taking. Check out this dude's pictures, he is one of my favorite photographers. Your park pictures reminded me of his NY City park pics.

    http://www.joelmeyerowitz.com/photography/parks_pics.html

    http://www.in-public.com/JoelMeyerowitz/image/1188

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some of the worst pictures I have ever seen...just kidding! I miss you dude!

    ReplyDelete