Thursday, February 9

Recovery

Finally, after a few weeks of no work before my surgery I can now start on the 6-8 weeks of no work for post-surgery recovery.  It's been mostly what you would expect (pain, soreness, immobility, etc.) with a little surprise gift of a sore throat from the breathing tube that goes along with surgery (surprise to me).  I've been watching lots of movies but I think it may be time to start reading a book.  Danny read 1Q84 a little while ago and it's in the house here somewhere, it got good reviews and it may just take me all of the 6-8 weeks to read the 944 pages.   I picked up a new hobby since Christmas (locksport) and have picked a Master padlock a few times and a cheap door lock a few times.  The nice thing about the door lock is that I can take it apart and re-pin the lock to make it easier for a beginner like myself and progressively add more pins to make it more difficult.  So, my next project is to make my own pick.  I want a bogota pick and to make them you need a very thin/strong/springy piece of steel.  One of the most common free ways to get these is to look for street sweeper bristles on the road that had broken off the sweeper.  Last week riding my bike I found a few, so now I just need to print out a template and file down my bristle into a pick.  So, I'll be keeping busy reading big Japanese books and crafting my own lock picks like every other guy out there recovering from hernia surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment