Sunday, January 23

The hills are still alive

This evening I got together with a few friends to watch/rediscover The Sound of Music, a film I saw probably hundreds of times as a child. (For a while we owned only three videos: TSoM, Mutiny on the Bounty, and Old Yeller. Romance, adventure, and tragedy really cover all the entertainment bases, right?) 

I made my first-ever apple strudel in honor of the occasion, and I do believe it turned out nicely:


Our timing was perfect, since the real-life Liesl, Agathe von Trapp, died only a few weeks ago at the age of 97. Here's to a legacy of gazebo dances, hiking over the Alps in light outerwear, and big musical finishes.

2 comments:

  1. For awhile my family only owned The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and (go figure) Puff the Magic Dragon... LOVE TSoM.

    - A again

    ReplyDelete