Friday, July 9

Daily commute: Intro

I've been commuting by bike the last few weeks and for the foreseeable future to the Morris Arboretum in Chestnut Hill, which is still Philly but it's a healthy 10 miles away. I have the best of both worlds:

1. A crazy 5 miles through a semi-rough north Philly neighborhood where I have seen two fires, one police raid, lots of trash, the already-blogged man with an amazing homemade chopper bike, a huge megachurch, a human hair super city, and the list goes on and on.

2. 5 miles through one of the largest urban parks in the country where I dodge chipmunks, wave to the same joggers EVERYDAY, pass covered bridges, listen to woodpeckers, pass waterfalls, watch kids jump off a rock into the creek, a really cool old inn/restaurant, and once my new Karate Monkey gets here I will head into the trails for my commute home, making it the most amazing commute ever!

More photos to come, but here's just one example of the amazingness:


Hot crabs every half hour! Who could resist? And the words on the side enticing you to "grab crab" - whoever thought that up needs a nice pat on the back. Yeah for hot crabs!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bryan, Morris Arboretum is sorta up by us! It's on our summer to-do list to get over there. Maybe we'll run into you sometime--

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot crabs and PBR would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a dirty joke to me...

    ReplyDelete