Monday, June 28

Weekend in the...city?





Yes, we've gone agricultural again, what with all the blueberry picking in New Jersey...





 And the hours of labor in the side yard:  

(Yes, that is a bag of trash, but hey! It's bagged up!)

I should have taken photos before we got started, because then you'd be super-impressed at the amount of work that went into getting the side yard to this point. It may not look like much more than a trash garden to you, but at least now we can see what's happening and make a real plan.
I was going to say we cheated a little and got a few starter plants, but a.) it's almost July already, so we needed to get a move on; and b.) we also planted seeds.  


I have to move to Nashville in just about seven (short) weeks, but I was thinking that if my Philadelphia legacy is a sprightly little garden and a freezer packed with blueberries, that's really not so bad. Not bad at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment