Thursday, September 23

best weekend evah...

So, I got my self together and booked some tix to Nashville for last weekend, not only is my sweetie there but the Depps(!) were there too. So here is the picture tour of the weekend. It's not so great, I know, but it's better than nothin'. 

My pre-flight bus ride through the airport.....




I remembered too late to get a photo of Ben and Alexis and this is THE BEST I could do....


 
 We went to the Tennessee State Fair on Saturday, which was an experience unto itself. Apparently we missed the diving pigs (boo), but managed to soak up the local culture. 

Need I say more? Pay attention to the Farm Bill, it's bigger than you think!



 The result of government subsidies in agriculture: 900+ lb. pumpkins and starving people in Africa/Haiti (kidding, sort of...):


The TN State Fair, where motorcycles jump over (not much) macadam?



Last but not least, just when I was most unsure how God felt about me, this guy shows up:


Well, what can I say? Not much.

Despite the (lack of) photos, it was a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I just came across your other blog and saw some of your posts on various places you had visited in Haiti like the forest with the cabins, the waterfall and that rock gorge... I have been to Haiti many times in the Cayes area on the southern coast but there are so many things I have never seen. In a few years I want to take my Haitian kids back and see more of the island. If you could email me some more information about your favorite sightseeing places I would really appreciate it. I want to tour Haiti to really give them a feel for all that is there... my email is nicolecoulter@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete